So this is a big week for my work. It's Brainshare at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City. It's a week long and they always have a party during the middle of the week. Novell employees are invited and are able to bring some guests to enjoy the entertainment. I brought Sandie, Stephanie and Jennifer with me. Here they are all excited to go to the Energy Solutions Arena (still known to everyone as the Delta Center.)
I had to get a self-portrait. I think this turned out very well, especially considering it was taken "on the go."

Part of the entertainment for the evening was provided by Frank Caliendo, a comedian who does impersonation's. He was pretty funny and entertaining. I think he got stuck on some subjects for too long but overall very entertaining. Here I am with Jenn waiting for the festivities to begin. (Now you may notice that one of these things is not like the other from this picture and the one above. Well, there's a funny story about that...we walked down to the Gateway to get dinner before the concert. And while we were waiting for our table I sort of made a detour and went shopping. When you find clothes that fit you got to go with it, right?!?!?!)
Jenn, Stephanie, Sandie and some random guy I think he told us his name was Mike just chilling before the show started.

The main entertainment for the night was Collective Soul!!!! They were awesome!!! The sound was great, they can really rock it and the lead singer was talkative, which I love at concerts. I didn't realize that it's really just him and he has very little back up. It's amazing as to how he can make his voice sound SO different. I highly recommend that if they come to your city for you to go and see their show. They can totally rock! Here are just a few random shots I got of the band last night. (I think if you enlarge them you can see them better.)

Just another random picture. I took one of the monitor to see how it would turn out and I think it looks pretty good, all things considering. I thought this was pretty funny...when they came out for their encore tons of people were shouting, "Shine, Shine, Shine." (That's one of their really popular songs) So, the lead singer said, "Do you really think that we wouldn't play that song? It's was made us." It was kind of funny because when you think about it you knew they would sing that song, everyone just had have a little patience. So here is the link to the famous song, enjoy.... http://youtube.com/watch?v=pP3yeqkkYBE



2 comments:
What a fun night! And a free concert? Who can complain about that? You're such a nice friend to share the wealth!
A night out with the girls and a free concert - how fun!!
Post a Comment