Saturday, December 1, 2007

Color Me Mine...

Last night I went to Color Me Mine with Jennifer, Stephanie and Catherine. It is this really cool place where you can pick out different pieces of pottery and paint them yourself. I was willing to go but I was unsure about how my piece would turn out because I am not a very creative person when it comes to art kind of things. So, I started out with just a plain color and went from there. Check out their website http://www.colormemine.com/

Here's Jenn with one of her plates. (Look at all the different pieces in the background that you can choose from.)

Catherine painting away on a holiday plate.

Stephanie working on her bowl. (She painted the underneath black with red dots and white circles around them.)

Here is my mug, I was really kind of proud of what I accomplished. And the little flaws that it will have, I consider that they are character.

She's getting closer to the final product...

...and here it is!!!!

Stephanie with her final product.

Here is my final product...kind of cute, huh?

Catherine's final product...too cute. I am really excited to see what happens after it goes through the fire and has the glaze on it...so stay tuned!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

So fun! And I think your mug looks adorable! GOOD JOB!!

Jodi Leishman said...

How fun - I love your hot cocoa mug!! I'd love to try it some time.

Alisa said...

yeah!! i love color me mine!! glad you went and had fun

Donna Schauers said...

Looks like a mug from the Tea-cups. Great job!