Thursday night we had our first Girls Night Out. (Amy came up with the idea that since we have so much family around we should get together and teach each other things or just hang out with any kids around.) Our first "class" was on bread making. Janna, Debra and Amy just hanging out while the bread kneads.
Mom and Jodi cleaning up while the bread was kneading.
Alisa and I chillin'. Alisa was good and took notes on the finer points of bread making.

Janna, Sandie, Alisa and I just hanging out.

Mom was doing some research for us on gluten and stuff like that to help us understand why we put it in wheat bread.

Our two chefs...Jodi showed us how to make wheat bread and Aunt Diane showed us how to make her oatmeal bread! Both of them were SO good and YUMMY!!!
Jodi during her demonstration.

Jodi, Amy and Debra making cinnamon pull aparts. (Funny story, I was trying to get a picture of the 3 of them but Debra kept talking. Do you know how hard it was for Debra to be quiet so I could take a picture? And then in the end that picture wasn't the best one. Sorry Deb!)
The cinnamon pull aparts getting put together. I didn't get one of the finished product but trust me it was pretty and they were WAY YUMMY!!!

It was a great night! We learned a lot about bread making and had some great conversation! I can't wait for the next one. Thanks to our wonderful teachers and everyone for coming! (Michelle we missed you, we hope that you can come next time!)





4 comments:
It was so nice to get away for a bit and have some girl time. I can't wait for the chili class.
Such a fun night! I'm so glad we did this!! Can't wait for GNO #2!!
It was a fun night -- thanks for all of your work and prep. It turned out 'yummy' for us all.
if I only had ovaries
Post a Comment