Tuesday night Dad didn't have meetings so we decided to carve pumpkins (an activity that we have not done in years.) To start off the night we went out to the front porch to pick our pumpkins. Dad went out there first and said, "You have to come and pick your own out because I'm not doing it for you." So, I made the long journey to the front porch and picked my pumpkin. And here they are before we attack them! :)
Mom and Dad getting their pumpkins ready to cut!!!!!
This one is Dad's, it's really cute with ears and all.

Here are the final products. We decided that each one of our pumpkins had their own personality. (Mine, Mom, Dad) We each took a different approach to carving. Mom got out paper and did a rough draft of what she wanted before she even started drawing on the pumpkin. Dad took the pencil to the pumpkin and made his pattern. Now me on the other hand, I tried to make a pattern and then decided I was just going to free hand it. So there you go! We had a great time, it brought back memories of carving pumpkins as kids.


5 comments:
Those are really cute pictures! What a fun night!! :) Adorable pumpkins!
Looks like you guys had a fun night for sure! And the pumpkins turned out great! Good job!
Cute pumpkins!! I love your different approaches.
Nice to know "old people" still carve pumpkins -- meaning your parents!!! HAHHAHAHA
This is the first we have done in a couple of years ... so I guess Old People CAN carve them, if they want???? (lol)
Post a Comment