Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Northwest Trip Day 1

It is going to take a few posts to get my whole trip documented, so I thought I would get going on it. This a picture of the "Hot Lake Hotel." If you have ever watched the Travel Channel around Halloween you may have heard about this place. They say it is haunted and would a special on the Travel Channel and make people stay the night in the place. Even when Jenn was on her mission they went by to check it out and it was all run down. But a couple years ago they started renovating it again. It doesn't look SO scary now. I found an article about it online, http://www.usatoday.com/travel/destinations/2007-03-05-hot-lake-springs_N.htm. Now you can go there and take a tour, we decided against it because it takes an hour. Not worth our time on this trip.

Here is Jenn in front of the hotel and the grounds. I figured I need a picture with one of us in it. And since Jenn forgot her camera I was the picture taker!

Friday afternoon in Portland we met up with Jenn's friend, Sariah and went around some of Jenn's favorite places in Portland. Well, we spent a lot of time on 23rd Street. Which is pretty cool, it has a lot of fun little shops and some great restaurants. I have to say this was my first trip to Portland and it is a very pretty city, but it took a little getting used to. The people there are just real and don't pretend to be what they aren't, so you see all kinds of people walking around. I did really like it and I could go back for lots of visits after Jenn moves back (in a year or two.) In the afternoon we also went to visit Jenn's friend who is a make-up artist. He is SO cool, it was SO worth the trip to Portland just to meet him. He did all of our make-up, so here we are at the mall post make-up artist...don't we all just look beautiful? It was fun to have someone do my make-up and teach me a few new things. Here is his website, http://bacchuscosmetics.com/

PS--stay tuned for more.....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy said...

It looks like you had fun. I must say, the hotel doesn't look scary at all. (from here) :)
I love how he did your eyes! Very beautiful!!!

Ruth Ann said...

great pictures -- and more to come, glad you are home safe...

Jodi Leishman said...

You'll have to pass on the make-up tips.