Monday, September 24, 2007

Cedar City and the Goo Goo Dolls!!!!

It all started back in March at Novell's Brainshare and the Goo Goo Dolls came for our concert. That was the first time we saw them and only 6 months later we were on our way to see them for the 3rd time. (See June posts for details of the 2nd concert in Vegas.) They were coming to Cedar City and with it only being a 3 hour drive there was NO way we were passing it up! Jennifer, Catherine (Jenn's sister) and I got tickets for the concert and headed out to Cedar City. Jenn is apart of the fan club and she put in for the "Meet and Greet" lottery and won! Here she is all ready to go meet John and the rest of the band!! Doesn't she look HOT?!?!!?

After Jenn left for the "Meet and Greet" there was some time to kill before Catherine and I needed to head over for the concert. So, what a better way then to pass the time then to have a little fun with the camera?!?!? I would like you all to know that this was my one and only try for the night. I was very happy with it. Catherine took a couple pictures but she deleted them so I couldn't post them.

The concert was at the Centrum Arena on the SUU campus (so it wasn't very big.) But I have to say we had AMAZING seats...5th Row!!! Normally, I am not into taking pictures at concerts but when you are on the 5th row...how can you NOT take pictures?!?!!?

When we got to the Arena we met up with Jenn and talked to her for just a minute about the Meet and Greet and then she said she was going up by the stage to take a few pictures and would be back. Well, do you honestly think she came back to the 5th row after being up by the stage???? She didn't and had an AWESOME time up front. But for the rest of us, this is the view we had from the 5th row. They put on a GREAT show and played for about 90 minutes, it felt like it was just one big party!!! They talked a little to the audience (which I like because I like them to acknowledge that we are there) but they played A LOT!!!!

After the crowds cleared we were able to catch up with Jenn again. Do you think she is just a little EXCITED???? I personally LOVE the tongue sticking out!

Catherine just chillin' after the concert. It really was GREAT!!!


Notice that there is a blank space here??? Well, I did have a picture of myself here from after the concert but I decided that I really didn't like the picture, so since this is my blog I took it out.


Here's a picture of what the stage kind of looked liked. We were a little late in realizing we should have taken a picture of the stage.

Saturday morning we woke up to LOTS of rain and wind, which made part of the drive home a lot fun! But what would a road trip with Wendy be without car pictures? It wouldn't be a complete road trip is the answer to that question. I will warn you, I'm not 100% happy with my picture but given the home that it was in spots I will take it. It was REALLY odd to not use cruise control at all on the way home.

Jenn did take another one but I just thought that this one was too funny and since she forgot to erase it...I put it on the blog! :)

We gave Catherine the camera to take a picture of herself. Well, I do believe that she has found out how entertaining it can be to take random pictures of yourself with the camera. I was laughing SO hard when I would look in the mirror and see some of the faces she was coming up with. She deleted a lot before she gave the camera back but I still have some good ones. I will be posting more at another time. :) But this one just makes me laugh.

It was a quick trip but it was A LOT of fun at the same time. Just to let you know things in Cedar City stay open later on the weekends then they do in Salt Lake and Provo. We went to Chili's after the concert and found out that they stay open until midnight on the weekends, what a concept. We also found out that the Goo Goo Dolls went to Chili's the night before the concert, just another little FYI.

3 comments:

Sandie's Spot said...

You guys are freaks... glad you had fun and sorry that Jen didn't come back married... Maybe next time??

Amy said...

Glad you had a good concert. You look so beautiful!!! :)

Jodi Leishman said...

You are definately the concert girl. Was is it the lighting or have you changed your hair color since I saw you last? Glad you had a great time.