I will start off with this disclosure. We had a short amount of time and crammed a lot of stuff in that time period. So, there are a lot of pictures for this day. I am also going to warn you that I did get a little carried away with picking pictures to put on...but I figured, it's my blog so I can post as many pictures as I want, right? After all this is "Wendy's World" and may I say...Welcome to it!
We started off our day at the coast by stopping in Depoe Bay. It was beautiful! The one thing that I REALLY wanted to see while I was at the beach was a whale or two since it was prime whale watching time. And Jenn was thinking to herself, "Sure, like that is going to happen." Well, at our first start stop we got out of the car at an overlook and guess what we see???? A WHALE!!!! We only saw it for a second before it went back under but that was good enough for me. I tried to get a picture but since we BARELY saw it you can hardly tell there is a whale, especially in this one. It is a nice picture of the ocean though!
We started off our day at the coast by stopping in Depoe Bay. It was beautiful! The one thing that I REALLY wanted to see while I was at the beach was a whale or two since it was prime whale watching time. And Jenn was thinking to herself, "Sure, like that is going to happen." Well, at our first start stop we got out of the car at an overlook and guess what we see???? A WHALE!!!! We only saw it for a second before it went back under but that was good enough for me. I tried to get a picture but since we BARELY saw it you can hardly tell there is a whale, especially in this one. It is a nice picture of the ocean though!
In this one you can kind of see the splash that it made out in the middle.
After we saw the whale we went down the road a little farther and found another lookout spot. I thought this was a pretty picture of the coastline and one that I am not used to seeing since I am from Southern California. In Cali you don't see pine trees next to the ocean, but I have to admit it was beautiful!
This is still around Depoe Bay, it are you noticing the jacket??? It was a little chilly but once again we lucked out and had some blue sky for most of the day!!!
Jenn was just in heaven being at the Oregon Coast again. I have to say she is a really good tour guide. She made sure we didn't miss seeing anything really important to the area!
So on this lookout there was a little gift shop over looking the ocean. It was really cool actually. They had the normal touristy kind of things. But this was one thing that caught my eye. It reminded me of a post my brother-in-law Mike did on his blog a while ago. (He is very aware of his reader's needs and wants to make sure we are up with the latest fashion trends.) It was about the Popcorn shirt, which if I am not mistaken this looks very similar to the Popcorn shirt. You can compare them by checking out the "real" Popcorn shirt at http://www.popcornshirt.com. It looks like Mike is "in the know" about cutting edge fashion after all. Who would have thunk it? I do have a few pictures of Jenn with the shirt on but I didn't want to get too carried away with the post just over the popcorn shirt. But just so you know they pretty much can be a one size fits all (for the most part.)
Here is just another pretty picture of the coast. It was such a beautiful day...in the morning. You will see that it did get a little cloudy as the day went on. But I was loving being at the beach, even if I did have to wear long sleeves and a jacket!
We are still around Depoe Bay in this picture. We had to stop to see the Lighthouses (pictures to come.) We tried to take a picture of us by ourselves and it was horrible, so this nice guy who is a volunteer at the Lighthouse came up and offered to take our picture. This one turned out MUCH better and I am not embarrassed to post it!
Here is the tallest Lighthouse in Oregon. It was over 100 steps to the top but the line was long and we had other things to do so I didn't actually make it to the top. I was fine with the pictures of the area from the ground. They really are cool just to look at, I totally enjoyed my time in the area!
Here is the first Lighthouse that was built in the area. It is actually a house that a family with 7 children lived in. It was only in use for about 3 years because it was a little too small and a little too far back in-land. It was fun to go and walk around it though.
After Depoe Bay we went down to Newport. It is a cute little town with lots of little shops and stuff. We were able to see the gathering of the sea lions. Jenn wanted to get closer and I was OK with where we were. I told her, "That's alright, I've seen the sea lion and otter show at Sea World." She said, "It's not the same thing, they are in their natural habitats here." I was under the impression you've seen one sea lion, you've seen them all! There were lots of them around just staring up at the people. I wonder what goes through a sea lions mind when they see all the people just staring down at them?
After Newport we started to make our way north to Cannon Beach. Here is a link to a map of the Oregon Coast, so you can see how far we traveled to get all of beaches in! http://www.visittheoregoncoast.com/home.cfm?dir_cat=15378
We first hit the coast in Lincoln City and then went south to Depoe Bay and Newport. On the way to Cannon Beach we stopped in Tillamook to go to the Cheese Factory. It was HUGE! We had to get ice cream and cheese! The ice cream was SO yummy! I wish I could have figured out a way to bring some home with me. I couldn't so I just brought cheese home, which is super good by the way! I don't have any pictures of Tillamook, sorry I was just concentrating on getting my ice cream! But here is their website so you can see what it looks like, http://www.cbcc.net/Tillamook%20cheese.htm
After Tillamook we made our way to Cannon Beach, which is just beautiful! By the time we got there, the clouds had started to come in and it was a little chilly but not too bad. The water however was FREEZING! We did go and put our feet in and about froze them off! If you look closely in the picture you will see that there are kids actually playing in the water! Crazy kids! This is just a picture of the area of Cannon Beach, nothing in particular.
We first hit the coast in Lincoln City and then went south to Depoe Bay and Newport. On the way to Cannon Beach we stopped in Tillamook to go to the Cheese Factory. It was HUGE! We had to get ice cream and cheese! The ice cream was SO yummy! I wish I could have figured out a way to bring some home with me. I couldn't so I just brought cheese home, which is super good by the way! I don't have any pictures of Tillamook, sorry I was just concentrating on getting my ice cream! But here is their website so you can see what it looks like, http://www.cbcc.net/Tillamook%20cheese.htm
After Tillamook we made our way to Cannon Beach, which is just beautiful! By the time we got there, the clouds had started to come in and it was a little chilly but not too bad. The water however was FREEZING! We did go and put our feet in and about froze them off! If you look closely in the picture you will see that there are kids actually playing in the water! Crazy kids! This is just a picture of the area of Cannon Beach, nothing in particular.
Jenn in front of the rock at Cannon Beach. I have never seen anything like it before but it was very pretty. Added some character to the beach scenery!
It's my turn for my picture in front of the rock! There is a funny story behind this picture. The first one Jenn took I didn't like the way I looked in it, so in this one I am kind of "posing." Yes, I know that may sound a little strange but I knew I was going to post the picture on my blog so I needed to like it!
Sometimes I really think that I shouldn't have a camera. Because if I get bored then I decide to take pictures of myself. And while Jenn was just relaxing on the beach I was taking picture after picture of myself until I got one or two that I liked. I am only posting one for you to see how I spent some of my time on the beach! I did enjoy myself, especially walking barefoot in the sand! AAHH...it was heaven!!!!
As I was laying on the blanket looking up I saw that a little blue sky broke through the clouds! I had to take a picture to document it. I thought having the kite in the picture was a nice touch and also to show you what other people were doing at the beach!
What would a beach trip be without writing in the sand? Jenn did this as I was busy taking pictures of myself! Yes, I do love Edward even though he isn't completely real. Although in my head he is and I think that counts! For those of you wondering who Edward is, read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. You will fall in love with him too!
Yes, Jenn loves John! What more can I say????
While we were chillin' on the beach I noticed this sand castle. Someone made it and just left it for everyone else to enjoy. I thought it was pretty dang cool! The little detail on it really caught my eye! It takes talent! So, thank you to who ever made this and left it for us to enjoy!
Here is another angle of the castle for you to see the detail that was put in it. After the and castle pictures I decided it was time to put the camera away and just chill! It was SO wonderful to just sit and listen to the ocean. It had been TOO long since I was at a beach! When we finally left we were a little chilled but very relaxed!
That was our day along the Oregon Coast. We didn't make it up to Astoria, where Goonies was filmed. But I am OK with that. I have to have something to look forward to when I go back! Once again...Jenn, thank you for being such a great tour guide! I had a WONDERFUL time!

6 comments:
I'm so glad you had such a fun trip! The Oregon coast is beautiful!! (a different beautiful from CA) I can't believe how much you saw in 3 days - crazy girls!!!
We tried to fly a kite on the Oregon coast - the 2nd time it went up... it flew AWAY! No more flying kites for us. :(
and you doubted my fashion tips? Popcorn shirts are in!
Nice sand castles
What fun pictures. Thanks for sharing your trip!
WOW!! I can't believe you got to see a whale. I've always wanted to see a whale - that's so cool!
The beach looks beautiful and I love the sand castles. What a great trip.
Good job Wendy -- that is quite the journaling job you are doing. Nice pictures too!!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment