Thursday, September 6, 2007

Northwest Trip Day 2

The main goal of the day was to make it to Tummwater, WA for Jenn's friend's ring ceremony and reception. But since we were going to be in Washington Jenn wanted to show me Seattle. Well, we had planned on getting there early in the day and having lots of time to explore. But as most of you know how life goes on vacation. It didn't happen...we were on vacation so it was alright to take our time in places along the way. But that meant that by the time we got to Seattle it was later then we had planned on, so we only had about an hour to give me a tour of the city. We started with Pike's Market. This is a view of area around the market. We totally lucked out and it was a beautiful day!

Another view of the area behind the market.

This is a picture of the first Starbucks, I thought that was pretty cool.

Here is a picture of the front of the Pike's Market.

I thought this was funny. It give a whole new meaning to the expression, "When pigs fly."

This is a restaurant that was in the movie Sleepless in Seattle. Sorry that it isn't a very good picture, but you need to keep in mind that we were almost running through the market, well it was a speed walk...not quiet running. You get the general idea though.

They have one whole side of the market with different flower vendors. They were SO gorgeous and cheap! I had to take a picture to show how many flowers that were around. It was amazing. I was just wishing that I didn't live SO far away because I wanted to bring home flowers.

Here is on of the prearranged arrangements, I think this one was $5! Can you believe that? Just amazingly beautiful! It makes the cheap arrangements at Costco look kind of pathetic.

Here is one of the coolest things in Pike's Market, the guys throwing fish. When they throw the fish, they sing. It is really fun. If you look closely you can see the guy catching a fish. So, that made my trip to Pike's Market complete.

What would a visit to Seattle be without seeing the Space Needle. We didn't have time to go up in it but for me a picture was good enough. It is pretty cool to look at, though. And still take note of the bright blue sky!!!

Here is the Fremont Troll under the Fremont bridge. I don't know much about it but you can learn more about the troll at http://www.arfarfarf.com/troll/.

I did hear that under his hand is a real VW Bug. And if you notice the eye...it is a real hub cap. Pretty crazy! But definitely cool to check out!

By the way...we did make it to Tummwater, got changed and arrived at reception center just as the bride and groom were walking in for the ring ceremony. Thank goodness since that was the whole point of the trip to the Northwest. I am looking forward to going back to Seattle with a little more time to explore more. But at least I can say I have been to Seattle and I have seen some of the most important things in Seattle. Thanks Jenn for the tour!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Seattle is a beautiful city. And yes... you did luck out with the blue sky!!! I'm glad you made it to the market - what would Seattle be with out watching them throw fish?!

Sandie's Spot said...

I haven't made it to Seattle yet, but it's on my list. Nice to see that there is still an ocean!
Nice to see that Jen showed you all the hot spots.
I think that sculpture under the bridge is in 10 things I hate about you...I think... I'll have to watch it again to remember.

debra said...

HOW COOL! I've been to Seattle once but it was a long time ago... I still love it and loved all the cool things there! The fish are pretty fun to watch and I love the fr e sh flowers too! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Jodi Leishman said...

I've never seen a real picture of the space needle. How cool! Now you need a space needle charm and a whale charm. :)