The end of February I went with my friend Becky to North Carolina. She grew up there and since I had never been what a perfect opportunity for a weekend escape. It just so happened that the weekend we were there it was rainy and cold but we still had a great time. Sunday afternoon while we were there the rain finally stopped and we went to downtown Wilmington. There we walked around the Cotton Exchange and the river front. Here are a few pictures that I got on our little walk around. There's just something calming about being around water, I love it.
Of course here are some self-portraits I took on the trip. It's a great way to pass the time...and very entertaining too. We did also make it to the beach for a few minutes. It was getting dark and it was a little cold but I LOVED it!!! It was great to see new things, new places and to get out of Utah for a little while. The trip got extended for a day because of a storm in the East which was fine with me. And since we were flying standby again we decided to take a different route home that had more openings to make sure we got home on Tuesday. So, we flew from NC to FL to CA to UT. It was an adventure and I loved it!!!



3 comments:
Looks like a fun weekend! Gotta love new and interesting places to visit.
How fun you were able to go on a "flying" adventure. I love seeing new areas and going with a friend on a discounted flight - all the more fun.
I'm so glad you came! We will have to go back again in the summer when there's very little chance of rain or snow and do all the way fun beach stuff and other cool things to do!
Post a Comment