To start off our Vampire weekend Jodi, Sandie, Mary Ann and I got up really early and drove down to St George so we could get in line to get our wristbands. (And even though I am not a morning person, it really wasn't that bad.) We just didn't want to be really far down the line and we were around 150, so mission accomplished. It took us longer to get the wristbands then it did you get our books when midnight hit.
Jodi and I hanging out in line waiting anxiously to find out where we going to end up later that night.
So, there were 7 of us and we all had "Vampire toes" meaning we all had black, red and white on our toes. So, we had to document it, and it's just a girl thing. :)

With 5 out of the 7 of us being from California we knew where we were going to for dinner Friday night! IN-N-OUT, baby!!! It's SO exciting to FINALLY have one in Utah!!! And it didn't disappoint. Now I am just thinking up of reasons why I might possibly need to go down to St George in the near future. ;)
So, what do I get at IN-N-OUT? A #3 with lemonade, of course!!! It was SO YUMMY!!!!

So, Janna had the temporary tattoos from the New Moon special edition and brought them for us to wear. So, everyone picked one and I got this one! Sandie and Janna made a suggestion as to where to put it my tat for the night and I went with it. And I thought that it was kind of fun for the night. :)

At Barnes and Noble they had a trivia of questions placed around the store. So, we had staked out a place back in the corner of the store and found some benches. While Jodi went around the store looking for the questions and then she would come back and everyone had a different book to look through to find the answers. They actually had some pretty good questions that made you think and it helped the time to pass.

Janna and I in our hats -- too cute!
All of us outside (in the heat) waiting for midnight to come. Janna, Jodi, Wendy, Amy, Kelly and Mary Ann.
Here is a good look of the crowd that was gathered out the store, it was nuts! There were young, old and everything in between. Seriously, there are some strange people in the world and lots of them were at our book release. :)
We had our doubts as to how fast we would get our books, we were in the car at 12:22am, not to shabby. We got home and all got compfy and then the reading began. It was nice to have such a big place to read so we could spread out or all be together. It was fun to be able to gather together here and there and talk about different parts of the book. And by Saturday night everyone had finished the 754 page book. It was an awesome book!!

My one picture of the house from the outside. This was the first time really any of us had been outside since we came home from getting our books, and this is as we are packing up getting ready to leave. :)
It was an awesome weekend! It was SO much more then just reading a book, there was a whole experience to it. It was fun to hang out with family and make new friends! It was perfect, what else can I say?!?!? Thanks everyone for coming and to Jodi and Amy for organizing it, I can't wait for next time!!!





7 comments:
I"m free on Friday... I think we can make a run for In-N-Out, I will justify anything!
It was a PERFECT weekend, sad that there is nothing to look forward to for awhile. Hopefully next year..please!!!
Great pictures Wendy! It was such a fun weekend!!! And an amazing book! Your tattoo still cracks me up... silly girl!
Thanks for coming and enjoying the weekend with us! :)
It was such a fun weekend. Thanks for being such a good sport about leaving early.
The Bear Claw was a great suggestion, I'll have to take the fam back.
You and your funny tattoo... what a girl!!
Thanks for introducing me to Mr. Darcy... my new favorite.
I loved our weekend and your right it was much more than just reading the book, it was the whole experience. I loved your tatto too! Thanks for getting up so early to stand in line for us!!
So glad you guys had so much fun! You're making me wanting an Inn-n-Out -- it's been too long. Thankfully they are close by.
That sounded like so much fun! I'm kind of wishing that's how I had done it! Hey, Wendy, check out the link 'Book Club' on my blog and tell me what you think!
Did you get stickers and buttons with your books too? Just curious,we did withour from Seagull, I was looking forward for so long:( what a fun , fun time you guys had, I had a great time in the temple, and I know I was where I was supposed to be... but, I am still reading the book... I cannot read in my REAL life, darn it it is to crazy! I cannot decide if I am more jealous of the In-N-Out, or the book and away fromhome fun, my mouth waters just looking ...LOL! I miss that it used to be so close ans easy access! We can all go see themovie together though right?
Post a Comment