Monday, July 16, 2007

Tag! You're It!!!!

I have been tagged (thanks Amy!)...but this time is a little different. I am suppose to list 7 different facts about myself; funny, random, silly, whatever. Then I will choose 7 new people to tag. If you tagged, then please list the rules when you post.

1. I have a memory that won't quit, and it gets really annoying sometimes. I remember dates, phone numbers and directions really easily, plus other random things. When I was little and people would come to visit, my parents would send me with them to direct them on how to get to church and other places around town. At first they would look at my parents like they were crazy but we always got there without any problems! The funny thing about my "good" memory is it doesn't help me remember names. I meet someone and their name will go in one ear and out the other. But I will remember their face. Go figure!

2. MUSIC!!!!!! I LOVE music, especially LIVE music!!!! I have always liked a wide variety for music from some classical to rock and most things in between. (I am not a fan of rap, though...could never get into that.) I can't pick a favorite anything because that all depends on my mood and when you ask me to pick a favorite. I LOVE how music can help with your moods! There have been many days that I have come into the radio feeling a little down and then a couple of upbeat, happy songs come on the radio and BOOM all of the sudden...I'm happy! Everyone needs to find their "happy dance" song! I will forever and always be a country fan, but I am liking rock a lot more lately! A little Ozzy will do you good! I LOVE the fact that I need to know more about music for my job, I seriously have the best job! I LOVE going to concerts and I have a hard time passing up a concert! I went to 3 concerts in less then 3 weeks this summer. That is my guilty pleasure in life! Hey, we all have to have one, right? One last thing...I have picked up a habit of singing along to the songs. So, watch out because this is something I do without realizing...but singing really does help you get in sync with the music and the mood of it!

3. Reading...I LOVE to read! When I have a good book, please just leave me alone so I don't have to be rude and ignore you! :) I just get into my own little world when I read. I love how you can be taken to different places and times with the books you read. I will read anything by Anita Stansfield (I think I own just about every book she has ever written.) I am a Harry Potter fan and will be a little sad when book 7 finally comes out. (No phone calls please Saturday, I will be reading all day!) But I have found something else to distract me from the sadness...'Twilight' by Stephenie Meyer. I have become obsessed with this series and can't wait until August 7th!!! I love vampires! (Heads up no phone calls, please on Aug 7th...I will be reading all day!)

4. Cooking...I LOVE to cook! Cooking is my way of being creative. I don't do scrapbooks and stuff like that because I am not creative that way. But I do like to cook. I like to look at recipes and then give them my own twist. I like to cook meals and bake. It's just calming and fun! I love to cook with garlic. When I worked earlier and used to make dinner my mom could smell the garlic in the garage when I was cooking. :) I am kind of a perfectionist when it comes to cooking because I feel it is a reflection on me. So, I want it to be perfect! I could go on and on about cooking, but I won't. Just ask my family and they will tell you that I'm not lying about this point! :)

5. I LOVE being an Aunt! I am such a sucker when my nieces and nephews come up and come up to me and say "Aunt Wendy, will you...." How can you say no to that? So you will find me playing trains or Lincoln logs with Talmage, doing silly things to make Seth laugh (he's almost one), and whatever else they ask me to. Family is the best! And the kids are growing up too fast, so I am trying to take advantage of them still liking to be around "Aunt Wendy." I enjoy babysitting my nephews that live here in Utah. We have a good time together. And it's all about bonding and making memories! :)

6. I LOVE Brazil! I fell in love with Brazil on my mission and have been in love with it ever since. I love the culture, the people, the music, the food, the language, and the country. I do have my Brazil funds with plans to go back but it most likely won't be until 2008. I can't wait to go back! I could go on and on about Brazil but I will just leave you with this thought..."I LOVE BRAZIL!!" I will have to try and find a pretty picture of Brazil to post later.

7. I am vain...I will openly admit that I am vain when it comes to my hair! I LOVE it!!! I know that it is pretty and I do things to emphasize that, but why not? If you got it flaunt it, right? I have to do my hair first when I get ready to make sure that it looks good and then I will do my make-up and worry about what I'm going to wear. And I will admit that sometimes what I wear depends on how well my hair went that day. I don't believe in the phrase "having a bad hair day!" It's just not possible, you can always do something to make it work for the day or the mood. :) I will also spend hours curling my hair so every piece looks just right, and to me that's not a waste of time. :)

Now it's your turnJodi, Michelle, Sandie, Alisa, Ryan, Abby and Brenna... it is up to you to carry this tag on. I am hoping to find out new interesting facts about each of you. I hope that you all learned something new about me.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Way to step up to the challenge of a Tag!!! I learned lots! Thanks! :)

Sandie's Spot said...

You completed the assignment above and beyond. Good info!