Well, this information is now a week old, but better late then never -- right? Monday (9/22) afternoon Candice called me and told me that she got a call from KJZZ wanting her to come up for a family interview as they were interviewing Justin from Iraq. So, Monday night we did a little shopping so they could look really cute on TV and then I took Tuesday off to go with her and give moral support. (It was also a great "mental health" day for me, so it worked out well.) The interview was short and sweet and aired on the KJZZ cafe Friday (9/26). Here's Candice and Abigail after the interview. Abigail is saying "cheese."

Since we were already in Salt Lake we decided to go up Little Cottonwood Canyon again to see how things were progressing and if it looked better without rain. There was some snow high up from the rain we had over the weekend. We found a few pretty shots of the canyon, that I am posting.



Then we decided to take the tram to see the view from the top. So, this was the temperature at the top. Surprisingly it didn't feel that cold, which was a really good thing because I was not prepared for SUPER cold weather.
Here are a few pictures of the different valleys that you could see from the top. It was a nice day but not the clearest day. The view was still beautiful, though.




Here we are up at the top, the mountains really are so pretty especially with the little bit of snow on them.

Candice and Abigail were dressed a little warmer then I was but we both had flip flops on, so we documented it. Abigail is showing her shoes, too.
Here I am with only a t-shirt and flip flops, but like I said it didn't feel that cold up there, so the 30 minutes on top were fun.

These next pictures are kind of funny. I have a fear of heights. I was totally cool on the tram because we were enclosed. We took pictures of how close each of us got to the edge. Here is Abigail (Candice took the picture of course.) I was entertaining Abigail as Candice was taking pictures of one of the valleys. And I finally had to tell Candice to come watch Abigail because she was freaking me out with how close to the edge she was getting.
See, Candice has NO problems being right on the edge...
...and this is how close I would get to the edge. I took this one, which to me I thought I was pretty dang close.
Candice took this one...it does look like a long way from the edge but trust me, it wasn't.

Here are a few random shots that we took from the tram on the way down. They aren't the best pictures because of the glare but that's where a lot of the pretty colors were. I think you can still get an idea of what the mountain side looked like, in places.




These next 2 make me laugh. All that day we kept saying how pretty the colors looked through our sunglasses. So, Candice took off her sunglasses and took a picture through them. I think they turned out pretty good.


And what would a post be without a few "self-portrait" pictures? We are starting Abigail young with the "self-portraits." Since I am into making collages, I made one of almost all of the self-portraits we took together.





4 comments:
Neat photos! I've skied Snowbird a few times but never realized how high and steep it is until we hiked up to the tram one summer. Back and forth up that goat trail! By the way, Abigail is precious! I love her little dress.
Fun pictures! I'm impressed that you got close to the edge of the mountain. I've been there... it's freaky!
Good for you! I'm not sure I could have gone all the way to the top and certainly wouldn't have been brave enough to get any closer to the edge than you were! That was awesome of you for going with Candice for the interview! You're an excellent friend!
Looks like you had a fun outing. I'm so with you on the heights. It's completely genetic.
P.S. Cute blog look.
Post a Comment