It is festival time around here and yesterday there was an India Fest in Spanish Fork. Candice, Abigail and I decided to go and check it out. It was really cool. We went in the temple but it was so crowded in there it was hard to really check it all out. We hear that they do give tours, so we will have to go back and really check it out. But the building is beautiful. They did have a buffet but the line was SOOO long and we were kind of pressed for time that we had to pass. so we decided to do something else (which you see in my other collage.) Here are some pictures of Candice, Abigail and I and the temple.
They also had some dancers perform. It was really interesting to watch. They had some of the dancers come in from LA for the festival. Abigail loved watching the dancers and listening to the music. She was SO cute, she would watch them and then try do what they were doing. We only got one picture of her dancing because we were standing behind her watching her most of the time. Unfortunately we weren't able to stay longer to see all the dancing but what we did see was really cool.
As we were walking into the festival we saw a couple of different booths set up for henna tattoos. Well, in the end we couldn't resist getting a henna. Candice went first and got the moon and stars. Abigail got a glitter tattoo of a blue star, and then I got a turtle (I love turtles.) We got some glitter on the paste to have it be pretty. But the paste and the glitter eventually came off and in the other pictures you can see how it turned out. I like it and think it's fun! I think my turtle is SO cute! And Candice's henna totally fits her, too. It was a really fun couple of hours, we were a little sad that we couldn't stay longer but now we know for next year.




3 comments:
Wow! The festival thing is HUGE -- kinda like the LA Fair. Looks way fun!
I have heard about this festival. I'm glad you were able to go. Looks like a lot of fun! Cute turtle. ;)
That looked like so much fun! I used to love going to the festivals at Ricks, experiencing other cultures is really awesome! Love your Henna's, we'll have to have a Henna party some time. Rob said too bad he couldn't have gone with you... You know how he loved the Indian culture! How many times has been there? Like three? Wish I had gone too, looked like tons of fun!
Post a Comment