Thursday, August 16, 2007

A shout out to THURSDAYS!!!!

Well, my friends you maybe wondering why on earth would I give a shout out just to THURSDAYS, I will tell you but first let's start with a little background on Thursdays...

"Thursday is either the fourth or fifth day of the week, falling between Wednesday and Friday. In countries that adopt the Sunday-first convention, it is considered the fifth day of the week. However, in ISO 8601 it is the fourth day of the week. In Slavic languages and in Chinese, this day's name is "fourth" (Polish czwartek, Russian четверг, pronounced CHET-vierg). Portuguese, too, uses a number for this day: quinta-feira, "fifth day"

Having said that I prefer to think of Thursday as the fourth day of the work week and a day that I feel goes without recognition. I realized this this morning as I was trying not to be upset that it wasn't Friday yet. I think most of us have the same feelings about Thursdays, that we don't really like it and it's just one more day that we have to endure to get to Friday! When you have that attitude it just makes our fourth day of the work week look really boring and not worth getting out of bed for. But now I say that I love Thursdays because tomorrow will be Friday and Friday starts the weekend, right? So that makes Thursday, the weekend's eve...now isn't that something to shout out about?!?!!? I would say it is! In a sense it is a day of preparation to get ready for the weekend. Work extra hard on Thursday so you can PLAY all weekend long!!!! I like the sound of that! I hope that from now on we can all give Thursdays a little more respect, after all we can't have seven days to our week if we don't have Thursday! So, go and enjoy yourself today! HAPPY THURSDAY!!!!!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Woohoo for Thursday! And when the fall TV shows start again... Thursday usually is a great night for TV! :)

Sandie's Spot said...

I'm just glad it really is Thursday today - I've had 3 in a row...

debra said...

Good outlook Wend--- I needed that! It's been a L-O-N-G week for some reason.

Happy almost friday!

debra said...

that last comment was from me. I don't know why it shows up "...".

I'm DEBRA!

Alisa said...

i like the new colors and everything!!! Here is a shout out to FRIDAYS!!!!!!

Jodi Leishman said...

I like Thursdays now because Mike doesn't have school. YEAH!!
Oh, and I love the new quotes.