Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My shout out to being a GIRL!!!!

I bet you are wondering once again, "Why is Wendy doing another shout out so soon, let alone it being to being a girl?" I will tell you...it all started last week when Mette called and asked me if I wanted to go and get a pedicure with her and her daughter. Now if you are a girl and someone dangles getting a pedicure in front of your face you aren't going to say no. It's SO much fun to have cute toes and to have someone else make them pretty for you!!! It makes you feel special! So that is how my week of "pampering" and being a total girl started.


So, what happened next needs a little background. I normally don't paint my finger nails but I had them painted RED for the Eclipse release party. So, just before I went in for my pedicure the finger nail polish chipped and I am not the kind of person to just leave it alone and wait until I can get home and get nail polish remover to then take all of the polish off. That means that I started picking at all of my nails trying to get the polish off...well, it didn't work very well. And it looked really bad, I was kind of embarrassed to go into a nail place with them looking like they were. Of course that is the first thing that they notice at the nail place and the guys asked me a couple of times what was I going to do about my nails. By the time I left they had taken off my nail polish for me and I had an appointment the next afternoon to get nails on. No, those aren't nails (in the picture below) but I did get white tips but on so they do look similar. And I have to say that I LOVE them and I totally feel like a girl with them on!


This was just for your entertainment. Amy found it for me...thank you!!!

Well, after having my toes and nails done I had to get my hair colored as well. I couldn't neglect the hair!!! And it really was time for a new color, really it was! So, then Saturday I got my hair trimmed (not cut because it is still growing out) and colored! I love that, it just totally makes you feel like a girl and SO pretty! And why do we do all this stuff????? Well, it is nice to be pampered and to feel special. Plus sometimes it is just fun to indulge in the things that are girly, so at the end of the day we can feel like a PRINCESS!!! To all you girls out there go pamper yourself and enjoy being a girl!!!! It's what makes life GOOD and ENJOYABLE!!!

4 comments:

Sandie's Spot said...

You Go Girl! I'm all about the pedi's!
I would love to have my nails done to - but not in the budget at the moment.
We all need to Princesses to ourselves if no one else is worth it!

Janna said...

I once had a girl at an old job talk about her pretty girl hands, and I complained about my ugly man hands because I didn't have pretty nails... so when I got my nails done I would come in and show her "Look at my girly hands" Too fun!

Amy said...

Love it! I say, if you can pamper yourself... why not?! :) (love the pics too!)

Jodi Leishman said...

I was wondering why you looked so sassy tonight. It's all that pampering you've been doing. You go!
P.S. Your nails look great!