So, there is no way to get around it...to get to India it will take you about 24 hours. The big question is what is the way you will go, which airlines will you be flying on and how many flights do you have to take? The journey began...where else but in Utah County (hehe) and then of course eventually at the Salt Lake City International Airport. You would think that a 7:40am flight would leave on time, right??? WRONG! Amazing how it took FOREVER to get the plane from the hanger to the gate. That started the trip off late, thus the rest of the flights were late as well. Which I guess is a good thing because the layovers were kind of close at times. The bright side of the long trip was that I was flying with my friend, Mukesh. It totally helped having company on the long journey.

From Salt Lake we went on a small United two seater airplane (yuck) to Chicago O'Hare. My first time at that airport and it wasn't bad. I did get to see a lot as I walked from one terminal all the way to the like the farthest terminal. Who says you don't get exercise while you are traveling. ;-)

From Chicago we went onto Newark (on another United flight :P) to say Goodbye to the USA for a couple of weeks. Once again we flew into one part of the airport and of course the International terminal was at the other end, they had a bus thank goodness.

From Newark we had and 8 hour flight to Zurich on Continental. It was a LONG flight and the staff, not that friendly. I just have to say, I knew this before but this trip totally confirmed it. If you are flying International get on a non-US based airline ASAP, they are just nicer. (I'm sorry if some of you LOVE US based airlines but I got spoiled last year when I flew on Emirates they are SO nice, the cream of the crop for sure. Thus changing the way I see airlines forever.) From here we were on Swiss Air, oh how I enjoyed it. :-) Here is the interesting thing of the trip...besides every flight being late, every place we went got a little more humid (living in the desert I can feel the tiniest bit of humidity in the air) and then we reached...

Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport. And all I have to say is WOW, welcome to the HUMIDITY!! It's intense, I guess it didn't help that we got there after a rainstorm. ;) So, four flights later (they had to print up two luggage tags for each of our bags to cover the flights...crazy) and over 24 hours later we were in Mumbai! Woo Hoo!!!

Namaste INDIA!!! Let the vacation begin!!!! :-)

2 comments:
That's a lot of airports! Too bad you couldn't get out a visit the cities as you were passing through. ;)
Look at that smile!! Lots of airports you were in!!
Post a Comment