This year I decided to take a trip for my birthday to Kentucky to visit Candice and her family. Since I left on my birthday, the day before I came into the office and found my cube all decorated...SO cute!!
Since they are stationed at Fort Knox, we decided to go check out their tank museum. It was interesting to see how they have changed over the years. We put Abigail next to some of the tanks for some something to measure the height with.
I brought Abigail some of the cute Tutu's from Jen's company. One morning she was playing around with them...I couldn't resist documenting it. I think she liked them, what do you think?
When Candice and I are together we like to experiment with new things in the kitchen. We made a super yummy veggie and garlic pizza with dough from Pampered Chef (the dough is awesome!) Then we made a Quiche, it was our first time, we just made up our own recipe and it was really good. And then made some Peanut Butter Cupcakes with
Chocolate Frosting and Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting for Justin to take to work...can you say AMAZING!!!
Chocolate Frosting and Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting for Justin to take to work...can you say AMAZING!!!

It was Derby Festival time while I was out there. The night before the Hot Air Balloon Race, they had a Balloon Glow. We decided to go and check it out. We got there early so to pass the time we took some pictures. They even have a Derby Queen and her court. I have to say that it was kind of nice to "real" people being "royalty" for a change. I'm sure the girls have to have riding skills and such to be able to be in the Derby Court.
Then here are some pictures from the evening. There was at least 20 different balloons on the field and it was way cool to see them all light up at the same time.
Here is Owen chilling in his car seat on the way to the airport. Such a cutie!! He was born in December two weeks before Ryan and Alisa's Owen was born. So, easy for me to remember the name. :)
This was my first trip to Kentucky and I have to say, I really liked it. I will be back to visit! :) It was SO green which was such a nice change after winter in Utah. Oh and the drivers are SO polite it's almost annoying, the will almost stop traffic to let someone in in front of them. Not aggressive in the least. Here is one "Kentucky" type story. We were driving in Louisville and Justin says that he thinks this lady in a two door sedan has a baby seat in the front seat. So, we of course need to check it out. When we catch up to her we find that not only does she have an infant carrier in the front seat, she is also smoking in the car with the windows up! Oh, that poor baby!!





3 comments:
What a fun trip! And I love that your office cube was decorated! So cute!! Hope you had a great bday week! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Looks like you had nice decorations AND a fun birthday trip!! We look forward to the next post ... and your next trip!!
Looks like you had a fun birthday trip. Your food experiments look really yummy.
It looks like you have some fun co-workers to decorate your cube.
Love ya!!
Post a Comment